Friday, May 3, 2013

April's 'Yes' Moments

Last month felt: A little like a roller coaster. It took a bit to get this whole deployment thing under control.  It's hard to make small people understand big things, and we had some abandonment issues to climb over.  I can't express enough my admiration for those spouses with several children who make it look like a breeze.

The biggest surprise was: I was surprised to see a tutorial I posted many moons ago become popular once again on Pinterest.  That always makes me feel good, but not boasty, since it is really the only thing I ever did to become popular.  It does inspire me to want to create more tutorials.

My favorite discovery was: I have been pleased to discover that Titus has a nice little singing voice.  I get to hear it often because he sings all.the.time. :)

I was challenged by: my generalized anxiety flaring up.I decided to hop on board a boat I've been docked next to for a while and join The Happiness Project.  It sounded a bit cliche to me at first {making happiness a project, really??} but upon reading the first two chapters of the book my mind changed completely.  It is really about trying to focus those scattered areas in order to live your life better.  I am finding it helpful and refreshing.

I also dealt with the challenge of getting my driver's license replaced, while discovering I had no clue where my birth certificate was.  Need to organize the important paperwork much?

I celebrated: My birthday in style: a shopping day with some favorite ladies; my first taste of Baked Alaska {sooo good}, and a little camping trip!

I read: Go Ask Alice and Beach House Memories. The first I have wanted to read for some time.  I was drawn to it's simple cover, the obvious Carol Lewis reference in the title, and the fact that I had never read an entire book which no one claimed to write.  It was the most haunting tale of drup addiction I have ever encountered {possibly because it was written first-person style, and I could relate to some of the poor girls dillemas/ feelings}.  I don't know how I would recommend it.  I can't say I enjoyed it, but it made an impact on me.  The latter was recommended to me because it was written all about a place dear to my heart: Charleston, SC.  It is a sweet book... romantic in ways... it definitely made me miss.

I watched: Documentaries. I saw The Queen of Versailles about an ultra rich family who loses it all and Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead about radical weight loss and health transformation that came when an Australian man started drinking home-made juice.

What were your yes moments?

No comments:

Post a Comment